Broadcast Maintenance Technician/ IT Specialist
Hearst Television, Oklahoma City, OK, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $50,000
Salary max: $62,000
KOCO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City, OK has an opening for an experienced broadcast Maintenance Technician/IT Specialist. The position is a great opportunity for an entry level candidate or veteran to foster career growth through a combinations of training, mentoring and hands-on experience. You will work with the engineering team to maintain, repair and upgrade equipment covering all aspects of our operation from IT Systems to cameras and transmitters. Plus, perform daily maintenance on computers, virtual systems, network infrastructure, printers and provides user support.
You will report to David Evans, Director of Engineering.
- Support station IT operations under the direction of the IT manager, Assistant Chief Engineer and Director of Engineering
- Support user needs across all departments, including News, Creative Services, Sales and Administration
- Maintain LAN/IT Infrastructure, installation and support of network hardware and software
- Provide technical guidance to end-users and mobile device support
- Work with engineering and IT management and staff to support important on-air systems and workflows including news, production and broadcast systems and equipment
- Provide user support in Windows workstation environment for custom and standard software applications
- Assist users with installing and using new software features and apply updated services and implement OS upgrades
- Conduct troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation and cabling tasks
- Basic knowledge of electronics and component repair
- Knowledge of computer, computer systems and basic IP networking
- Working knowledge of managed network switches and architecture concepts
- VMWare, Cisco or Microsoft certifications preferred
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting equipment
- Skills with video production, microwave systems, and IT infrastructure
- Lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.; climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
- Work flexible hours and shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Autocad/Visio proficiency for system design and layout preferred
- Background in transmission and satellite communications is a preferred
- Higher education in technology, SBE or related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands