Broadcast IT Support Specialist
Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA USA
The story is yours!
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Lancaster-Lebanon-Harrisburg-York, PA market has an opening for a mid-level IT Support Specialist providing support for end users and associated systems. This a hands-on, on-site position in a mid-sized news-oriented broadcast television environment. The IT Support Specialist will perform daily maintenance on computers, virtual systems, network infrastructure, printers and provides user support. You will report to the Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Windows 10 & 11 installation, configuration, and support
- Provide technical guidance and support to end users
- Standard Office 365 software installation/configuration/support
- OS & application updates/installation
- Browser configuration and support (Edge, Chrome)
- Systems deployment – Imaging, Package Deployments
- Security Applications – Crowd Strike. Okta MFA
- Windows Server OS experience
- Remote connectivity
- Basic LAN/WAN connectivity experience
- Mobile Device Support – InTune / Company Portal
- Familiarity with Service Now & ITIL best practices
- Active Directory experience in a domain environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in IT
- Desktop OS proficiency & understanding
- Systems connectivity & functionality
- Mobile device management, knowledge, and support
- AntiVirus/Malware applications
- Advanced troubleshooting / analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and skill in prioritizing issues
- Security awareness & preventative efforts
- Good analytical & technical problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- Ability to maintain corporate standards, policies, and procedures
- May be required to be “on-call” outside of normal working hours
- Higher education in technology, SBE certification or related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Structural Outfitting Designer/Checker
Core Group Resources Careers, Providence, Rhode Island, United States, 02912
GRAY TELEVISION FUTURE FOCUS INTERN SPRING '24 - WTOC
Gray Television, Savannah, Georgia, United States, 31405
TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (ASSO) - KKTV
Gray Television, Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States, 80903