Local News Editor
Hearst Television, Manchester, NH, United States
The story is yours!
WMUR, the ABC affiliate in Manchester, New Hampshire has an opening for a News Editor. You will cover news stories as assigned. You have an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound. You will report to the Chief Photographer.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines
- Maintain news archives
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material
- Collaborate with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files
- Maintain standards for all edited material
- Take in ENG and SNG feeds
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers
- Previous on-air experience
- Work on linear and non- linear equipment
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere
- Edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius
- Can handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers
- Record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system
- Search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.