HOK, Los Angeles or San Francisco
Work at HOK
Salary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Salary min: $60,000
Level: Entry Level
HOK is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our Los Angeles or San Francisco office. The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering, writing, editing and strategically sharing HOK news and information with external and internal audiences across multiple platforms. You will have the opportunity to work remote Mondays and Fridays with the expectation of in-person, Tuesday through Friday.
- Work closely with communications colleagues to prepare written content – including news releases, articles, social media and web content – to deliver HOK’s key messages.
- Regularly interact with HOK design professionals and executives worldwide to research, gather and develop written content that supports the firm’s business, communications and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate internal/intranet communications.
- Perform FWC administrative tasks, including maintain various media subscriptions, overall editorial calendar, scheduling events and meetings and more.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with the media by developing media lists, pitching, responding to requests for information.
- Assist with developing award submissions and positioning for speaking engagements.
- Manage website and social media accounts, including adding new projects and other web content via CMS and regularly reviewing Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strategic thinking, planning and organizational skills.
- Insightful judgment and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with ability to manage multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Familiarity with social media and online content management systems (such as WordPress).
- Familiarity with email campaign systems such as MailChimp is beneficial.
- design skills are beneficial.
- Experience with WordPress is beneficial.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- Two to four years of experience as a professional communicator. Experience at an agency or within the architecture/design, commercial real estate or news media industries is a plus.
- Must have significant experience developing written content for news and web communications, researching stories and interviewing subjects.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the issues and business drivers associated with the design and development of buildings, communities and interior spaces.
HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm. Our 1,600 people collaborate across a network of 24 offices on three continents. We design buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
Want to learn more about HOK? Visit HOK's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.