Real estate reporter
Work at Inman
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The real estate community turns to Inman first for insight, connection and community. One pillar of that is Inman’s daily award-winning journalism, covering all corners of the residential real estate industry including establishment players such as Realogy and Keller Williams; new digital powerhouses such as Zillow, Compass, and Opendoor; and cutting-edge startups plotting to change the game.
In pursuit of our ongoing goal to cover the industry more completely than any other source, Inman is hiring for a full-time reporter to join our editorial team. In this role, this new reporter will cultivate sources at establishment real estate companies and newly minted startups, write daily articles as well as longer-term features about the real estate industry and its personalities, and pitch in across all corners of Inman's coverage of residential real estate.
The ideal candidate recognizes both the potential of new shifts and their possible pitfalls, is enthusiastic about explaining difficult topics in a concise and cohesive manner and will be willing to ask tough questions about who is helped or hurt by the changes roiling the real estate industry.
- Report and write daily original stories on news and leaders in the real estate world, including a mix of breaking news, interviews and in-depth investigative articles
- Cultivate sources within the real estate industry, regulatory agencies and legislative bodies who can provide unique perspectives and information relevant to our readers
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team (reporters, editors and designers) on comprehensive reports and features
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years experience as a news reporter, with real estate experience preferred but not required
- Digital smarts, including extensive experience using web publishing CMSs, newsletter tools and social media
- Strong organizational and personal time-management skills, self-starting
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Superb reporting, teamwork, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Inman is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment. This is a full-time, remote position.
The real estate community turns to Inman first for insight, connection and community. One pillar of that is Inman’s daily award-winning journalism, covering all corners of the residential real estate industry including major brokerages such as Realogy, Compass, and Keller Williams; digital powerhouses such as Zillow and Opendoor; and cutting-edge startups that are changing the game.
Want to learn more about Inman? Visit Inman's website.
Create the extraordinary.