Intelligence Squared, New York, NY USA
Work at Intelligence Squared
An award-winning live event, national radio show, television show, podcast and thriving digital brand, the Intelligence Squared U.S. (IQ2US) debate series seeks a Growth Officer.
IQ2US is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization seeking a goal-oriented and self-directed individual who is inspired by our mission to combat extreme polarization and elevate American public discourse through civil, respectful, and enlightening debate.
About the role:
Intelligence Squared U.S. seeks a talented and motivated Growth Officer to join our growing team and drive our development / fundraising initiatives and strategy forward. The Growth Officer will be responsible for overseeing the execution of fundraising campaigns for the organization, generating major gifts, grants, and partnerships to support our mission and programs and will work closely with the CEO and board of directors to create and execute fundraising strategies that align with the mission of the organization.
The ideal candidate demonstrates intermediate knowledge of donor types and understanding of fundraising processes and donor cycles and must have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills and a proven track record. In this role, exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) is a must. Experience with budgets and financial software systems is required with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with high-level trustees and donors with total discretion and confidentiality.
- Implement our existing fundraising strategy that includes major gifts, grants, and partnerships.
- Research and identify potential donors and partners and manage outreach, meetings, and events to cultivate prospects.
- Develop and maintain our portfolio of prospects and execute solicitation plans.
- Oversee compelling grant proposals and reports and work with the CEO and board of directors to identify and pursue corporate and foundation partnerships.
- Develop and maintain accurate records of donor and partner interactions, proposals, and gifts in Kindful, our donor management system.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team to create fundraising materials, including appeals, reports, and donor recognition materials.
- Attend networking events and conferences to build relationships with potential donors and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as nonprofit management, communications, or business.
- Minimum of five years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, and donor cultivation.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and grants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear and compelling grant proposals, letters, emails, and reports.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and partners.
- Experience with donor management systems and fundraising software (Kindful, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce).
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the public policy and media nonprofit sectors, and fundraising best practices.
- Voracious appetite for current affairs, public policy, and the media industry a huge plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits, including Medical and Dental.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. If you are passionate about fundraising, have a track record of success in securing major gifts and grants, and want to work for an organization that is making a difference in the world, we encourage you to apply!
About Intelligence Squared
Want to learn more about Intelligence Squared? Visit Intelligence Squared's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.