Senior Account Executive, Cities and Public Affairs PR
BerlinRosen, New York, NY USA
Work at BerlinRosen
Salary: Yearly Salary
Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CITIES TEAM
Our Cities practice helps visionary organizations in affordable housing, infrastructure, land use, economic development, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities.
We work with industry leaders, award-winning institutions and global innovators including the BFC Partners, Slate Property Group, The Arker Companies, Community Preservation Corporation, and the New York Blood Center to name a few.
With a team of almost 40 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, government and policy pros, and expert communications professionals obsessed with developing the future of cities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our rapidly-growing team. This person will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. You will work closely with client leads and internal staff, delegating to peers and junior staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity for someone who is well-plugged in the world of media, has a passion for land use and particularly affordable housing, and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work.
Note: This role requires a presence in New York, NY and staff will be requested to visit our office or attend client events. Proof of vaccination is required for on-site tasks.
As a Senior Account Executive on the Cities team, you will be...
- Developing and implementing strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Managing clients daily
- Engaging with key reporters
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications strategies
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS. . .
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience leading communications strategy in: relevant companies, City agencies (building cities physically and culturally), media or journalism covering relevant sectors
- Familiarity and interest in urbanism and local politics
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.