Communications Manager, Private Sector Engagement - 22109
WWF Washington, DC, Washington, DC USA
Work at WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Communcations Manager, Private Sector Engagement.
Develops and implements communications with WWF's corporate partners as part of a broader strategy to inspire and motivate business audiences to take on the mantle of corporate leadership. Supports the Private Sector Engagement (PSE) division by helping implement a communications strategy focused on increasing awareness of the WWF brand through transformational business practice engagement and mission-focused communications, including executive-level outreach.
* Develops and delivers communications priorities for a priority corporate partnership and provides technical expertise and support as needed with the broader portfolio of partners, including HP, McDonald's, P&G, Royal Caribbean Group, and The Coca-Cola Company. Works with PSE, goal teams, and media and external affairs staff to ensure accuracy and consistency. Finalizes communications materials with media and external affairs staff and ensures legal approval.
* Works directly with both internal stakeholders and communications counterparts at WWF partner company to develop and implement communications plans to advance WWF's mission and conservation goals.
* Serves as relationships manager for communications counterparts at the partner company. Skillfully and diplomatically ensures that the partnerships communications are on track and manages through any issues.
* Collaborates and provides expertise for the development of sustainability focused digital content, including videos, web stories, and social media posts. Project manages asset development with third-party vendors.
* Manages thought leadership tracks with the partner company and develops relevant and compelling blog posts, conference pitches, and more to position WWF and the partner company as leaders.
* Works closely with the media and external affairs team to develop media outreach strategies and prep spokespeople for opportunities
* Provides technical support and leadership to corporate engagement on WWF communication initiatives (e.g. Earth Hour) and PSE priority initiatives (e.g. No Plastic in Nature).
* Plays a key role in PSE priority communications, including stakeholder engagement and executive-level outreach, thought leadership, and other departmental priority areas as defined.
* Collaborates with all WWF goal team communicators to ensure alignment with WWF principles, standards and objectives of external communications.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* A bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of relevant work experience (e.g. communications agency or in-house external communications position) is required. Graduate degree in a relevant field is preferred (e.g. communications or journalism).
* Demonstrated success in conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and managing communications strategies
* Strong organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written
* Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
* Strong experience working with external partners
* Strong project management skills with proven ability to work as part of a high-level, multi-dimensional, international team
* Comfortable interacting with corporate personnel at all levels
* Working knowledge of sustainable business practices is preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
* Ability to travel both national and internationally
* Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
* Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
* Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page - https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs, Requisition #22109
* Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Media Analyst, Customer Success (remote) Broadbeam Media (Broa...
Active International, Pearl River, NY