Law360, New York, NY
Work at Law360
Graphics Editors will be responsible for daily production of visual enhancements to Law360’s written editorial content. Graphics Editors will work with editors and reporters in the core newsroom to augment articles and features with photos, videos, charts, and other appropriate visual content, and will work closely with the data team on expansion projects and graphics for new surveys and rankings as needed. Graphics editors will create photos, charts, videos, and other graphics for Law360 website; package written and visual content; monitor current events and Law360 budget for visual opportunities; write photo captions, chart headlines and summaries, and other content that help tell visual stories; and work with editors to develop and improve visual standards for Law360 website.
- Degree in journalism or graphic design and/or 2+ years’ experience in a newsroom
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Fluency in HTML and CSS
- Basic understanding of video editing
- Basic understanding of Excel or other spreadsheet software
Preferred Skills :
- Previous experience in graphics and video production for web
- Current awareness of trends in web publishing technology
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple parts of an organization
Strong knowledge of:
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Fusion Tables, or CartoDB
- Data analysis tools such as R or Open Refine
- Programming experience and/or advanced front-end web design skills
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc.is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here you can see your future.