Digital Communications Manager
Lymphoma Research Foundation, New York, NY USA
Finding Cures Starts Here
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) Digital Communications Manager manages the Foundation’s digital properties and is responsible for the development and execution of the Foundation’s digital communications and marketing strategies, including social media, email communication, and websites. The Manager position is an excellent opportunity to join a highly respected organization on the cutting edge of cancer research. This position reports to the Associate Director of External Communications and is located in the New York City office. Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Foundation staff are working remotely; when the office re-opens it is expected that all staff will work in the office.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Foundation’s digital communications strategy, including managing a robust editorial calendar, regular website maintenance, social media updates, and producing regular email newsletters and other Foundation communications channels.
- Develop and execute digital campaigns for programs, events, and campaigns in concert with strategies set forth by the Associate Director of External Communications and provide data and analytics to guide ongoing strategy.
- Monitor digital advertising campaigns to ensure optimal performance and adjust the content, graphical elements, and budgets when needed.
- Generate novel ideas to increase audience engagement, including, but not limited to, social media advertising and Google AdWords; increasing traffic to and SEO of the Foundation’s website.
- Create original content and graphical elements for the Foundation’s website, social media platforms, and email communications.
- Manage the Foundation’s social media platforms, including creating and scheduling content for the Foundation and supplying senior leadership with complimentary content.
- Manage the Foundation’s website to ensure proper branding and good usability and coordinate with department colleagues to ensure content is up to date.
- Maintains accuracy, style, consistency, and branding across all Foundation digital platforms.
- Develop metric reports using digital analytics tools for websites, social media, and email, to monitor and report on data for digital programs and campaigns, engagement, and editorial decision-making purposes.
- Create digital communications reports and dashboards, analyze data, and present recommendations to the LRF senior leadership team.
- Maintain the Foundation’s portfolio of domains, evaluating each for continued value and renewing as needed.
- Keep up to date with industry social media and website trends and best practices and ensure the Foundation’s web properties are current.
- Audit digital content regularly for timeliness, appropriateness, and optimal cross-promotion strategies.
- Assist with the planning, writing, and copyediting Foundation communications projects; manage multiple versions of content created for different audiences/ platforms.
- Assist with administrative department projects, as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated digital communications and marketing experience with a focus on content development and reporting.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and creative collaborator with excellent digital communications, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and resourcefulness, proven flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Works well both autonomously and as an effective team member and is comfortable independently managing various projects for multiple stakeholders in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the latest digital and social media technology and channels and how to best leverage marketing programs as part of an overall social strategy.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting metrics to inform content publishing decisions in real-time and for long-term planning.
- Creative communications professional with an ability to use visual elements to engage constituents.
- Experience developing regular website and social media reports utilizing Google Analytics and social analytics tools.
- Understanding of developing goals, conversions and clickstream tracking in Google Analytics.
- Understanding in enhancing websites for search engine optimization.
- WordPress, HTML, and CSS; knowledge of Luminate Online, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Creative Cloud, and video editing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume and two writing samples.
About Lymphoma Research Foundation
The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) is the nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted exclusively to funding innovative lymphoma research and providing people with lymphoma and healthcare professionals with up-to-date information about this type of cancer. The Foundation’s mission is to eradicate lymphoma and serve those touched by this disease. To date, LRF has funded more than $67 million in lymphoma research.
Want to learn more about Lymphoma Research Foundation? Visit Lymphoma Research Foundation's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands