Social Media Director @FastCompany
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Fast Company, we see social media as an expression of our first-rate journalism, storytelling, and design, as critical to our success as what we do online, or in print, or in any other medium. In this newly-created leadership role, the Social Media Director will create and implement a comprehensive editorial, growth and brand strategy across all platforms. On Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, the goal will be to engage and expand Fast Company’s community of followers. The Social Media Director will look for opportunities to drive new audiences to our site on these major platforms. The director will also oversee strategy on visual- and video-first social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and Pinterest, sharing responsibility for execution in partnership with our creative and video teams.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, goals-oriented, multi-tasking creative thinker who has significant digital and multimedia experience. A passion for technology and/or business journalism is strongly encouraged.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Bringing editorial judgment and fresh thinking about storytelling to all aspects of our work on social media
- Creating a full-scale social media strategy to drive traffic, increase engagement, and convert new readers to premium subscribers
- Implementing best practices, processes and quantifiable goals for the department
- Optimizing content across social platforms, including which platform is best for various content subjects
- Effectively balancing Fast Company’s brand voice with day-to-day traffic goals
- Managing and mentoring early- and mid-career social media editors and/or producers
- Collaborating with multiple teams across the company, including with the sales team on creating a playbook for paid sponsorship programs, creative department on visual goals and priorities, and events and direct-to-consumer teams on brand extensions
- Working with writers and editors on best practices for amplifying content on personal accounts
- Note: Occasional travel, early morning, late night, or weekend work may be required, related to news or events
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5 to 7 years of social media experience in a daily-focused media environment
- Expert knowledge of social listening tools, web analytics, and data reporting to inform strategic practices
- Strong sense of voice, sound editorial judgment, a visual eye, and a highly-organized and communicative management style
- Constant pulse on of-the-moment social trends
- Collaborative, creative, and outgoing attitude
- A passion for and working knowledge of Fast Company’s journalism, as well as a strong understanding of our traditional and rising competitors
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Director of Integrated Media (Digital News) - NBC Connecticut
NBCUniversal, LLC, Hartford, Connecticut