Associate Editor, Work Life @FastCompany
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fast Company is looking for a creative associate editor to help steer our popular Work Life coverage on fastcompany.com. It is a hybrid position that will ideally be located out of our office in New York City, but could be entirely remote for the right candidate.
This position is represented by the Fast Company and Inc. union the Writers Guild of America-East. The Guild minimum for this role is $68,000; salary is negotiable based on the candidate’s skills and experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Helping to manage and grow our network of expert contributors, including assigning stories, managing deadlines, and editing several pieces per day
- Helping the senior editor shape the direction and coverage of the Work Life vertical
- Managing a high volume of story pitches daily and developing those that are the best fit for the section
- Ensuring that all our content is factually accurate and has a high degree of editorial integrity
- Write regularly for the Work Life section
- Occasionally pitching in on larger editorial projects and research, as needed
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years’ experience assigning and editing stories for a daily online publication
- Strong editing, writing, and communication skills
- Familiarity with Work Life-related topics like career development, productivity, management, workplace culture, and diversity and equity efforts
- Knowledge about Fast Company, the types of companies, topics, and industries we cover, and the ability to communicate with executives and leaders within those industries
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail, and desire to work autonomously
- An ability to juggle multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An established social-media presence and savviness with promoting content on social media, especially LinkedIn and Twitter
- Experience with WordPress and good SEO practices
Applicants should submit two article pitches for the Work Life section, 2-3 relevant clips, a cover letter, and a résumé.
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.