Senior Vice President, Sales @Inc.
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
ABOUT THE ROLE
In 2022, as Inc. continues to play a pivotal role in helping fast-growing small businesses achieve success, the responsibility of SVP, Sales for Inc., goes beyond the day-to-day management of sales goals and objectives. You will lead and inspire an experienced, dedicated team of sellers calling on the most important brands in the country and the world, but you will also be charged with setting the standard for practices and solutions that meet the moment and challenge of today.
You will become the face and voice of not just the Inc.brand, but also for the universe of small business owners driving job growth, the economy and the surest path to wealth in the free world. Inc. is an influential brand that has broad reach of over 40 million small business owners on a monthly basis, but also hosts the most powerful small business events, such as our annual highly touted Inc. 5000 Conference and Gala. Our Inc. Studio and BrandView technology platform provide state of the art custom solutions for our clients who want to help small business owners in their own voice.
You will understand and embrace the challenges of the ever-shifting media / advertising landscape, and, discerning new opportunities, you will, with your colleagues, proactively determine how Inc. should lead, respond, react.
Above all, through a lens of inclusivity, you will lead, mentor, guide, inspire, and launch this brand and its team into another quarter century of innovation and success. Are you ready?
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID but will require in office presence on a hybrid basis once our NYC office re-opens on September 14th. You will be required to travel up to 33%, Mansueto Ventures requires all employees to have their primary vaccination and one booster in order to travel and conduct business on behalf of the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Fully embrace the role of Inc. Media, becoming the business side voice and face of Inc., and the responsibility of communicating the value of the brand with a focus on the benefit for marketing and advertising partners
- Effectively lead the sales team to meet (if not exceed) key sales targets and goals as set by you with company management (the Chief Revenue Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the CEO)
- Develop the plan to meet if not exceed those targets and goals in collaboration with all key stakeholder, including integrated marketing
- Represent and leverage as the valued marketing platforms they are each of Inc.’s myriad world-class franchises and channels (including: the Inc.5000, Best Workplaces, Female Founders 100, Best in Business, Founder Friendly Investors, All The Hats, and more)
- Communicate the power of small business as a framework and setting for both leading global brands across the B2B and B2C landscape
- Prioritize workflow for sales and integrated marketing
- Lead ideation, in partnership with editorial leadership (the Editor-in-Chief), and other key brand and company stakeholders around new yearlong or quarterly platforms and opportunities to be leveraged by clients
- Develop and execute best practices around ongoing training and mentorship of team members
- Foster an inclusive, equitable, and safe workplace environment for your team and all with whom they interact internally and externally
- Manage all domestic full-time ad sales representatives: three in NYC, one based in each of Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, San Francisco, Los Angeles.
- Manage international sellers (rep firms): one in UK, two in Paris, one in Canada
- Collaborate with Inc. Editorial leadership and staff, Mansueto Ventures video team, the entire Integrated Marketing team, the highly successful Inc. BrandView branded content studio, MV Sales Planning team, MV Consumer Marketing team, MV Events team, plus Licensing, Finance, and other shared services teams
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 10 years of experience preferred in media, publishing, advertising sales, related sectors
- Experience preferred within the business media category, including the leading business media titles that comprise the Inc. competitive set
- Demonstrated record of ad sales management/leadership, ad sales growth, digitally-led, multi-platform selling (preferably, including print)
- High-level, respected relationships with key clients, agencies and industry services
- Vertical knowledge of media assets in the Inc. portfolio: print, digital, social media, custom/branded content and events/experiential (live and virtual)
- Expertise in pricing strategy, and managing to profitability in media packaging
- Salesforce CRM knowledge a must
- Demonstrated record of client-solutions-oriented idea generation in the media space
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, both internally-facing and externally-facing
- Ability to work collaboratively with the leaders of other business lines in a multi-faceted media company
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands