Social Media Producer @FastCompany
Mansueto Ventures, New York. NY
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Fast Company, we see social media as an expression of our first-rate journalism, storytelling, and design, as critical to our success as what the articles we publish online, or in print, or on any other medium. In this role, the Social Media Producer will create, manage, and schedule day-to-day social media content across Fast Company’s social channels. On Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, the goal will be to engage and expand Fast Company’s community of followers. The Social Media Producer will also assist on visual- and video-first social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and Pinterest, in partnership with our creative and video teams. The Social Media Producer will follow larger media trends and strategy shifts, and work with the Social Media Director to maintain Fast Company’s unique brand voice across all platforms.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, strategic, goals-oriented, multi-tasking creative thinker who has some digital and multimedia experience. A passion for technology and/or business journalism is strongly encouraged.This position is represented by the Fast Company and Inc. union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $56,000-$78,000 and bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Scheduling daily social posts across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms as needed, using appropriate social language
- Tracking and re-socializing well-performing content, including links, images, and videos
- Monitoring Social Flow, Crowdtangle and Parsely for social analytics and content performance data to identify high potential stories; recommend and execute tests to improve platform performance
- Showcasing specific content to key audiences in support of business goals, including events, recognition programs, videos and sponsorships.
- Pitching content to partners and maintain a social swapping schedule
- Assisting on other social media tasks as needed
- Note: Occasional travel, early morning, late night, or weekend work may be required, related to news or events
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, business, or a related field a plus
- Prior media or publishing experience and/or related internships a plus
- Familiarity with social listening tools, web analytics, and data reporting to inform strategic practices strongly preferred
- A sense of voice, sound editorial judgment, a visual eye, and a pulse on of-the-moment social trends
- A highly-organized, grammatically-minded thinker with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, creative, and outgoing attitude
- A passion for and working knowledge of Fast Company’s journalism
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Performance Marketing Specialist, Core Content, Peacock (NY/LA)
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York NEW YORK, US