Senior Business Writer @Inc.
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The senior business writer will focus on writing features, breaking news, and other articles for Inc. Media to drive traffic and fulfill its editorial mission to serve its readers. They will work closely with editors, pitching story ideas, filing posts and working with editors through the editing process. They will also pitch ideas for videos, infographics and other data visualization pieces, contribute to podcasts and appear at Inc. events.
This position is represented by the Inc. and Fast Company union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $82,000 - $114,800 + bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Research news topics and generate story ideas
- Cultivate and interview sources
- Write and revise drafts in consultation with editors
- Moderate and host panels at Inc.’s editorial events
- Brainstorm and share resources with other staff
- Analyze data
- Create multimedia stories using video and data graphics
- Consistently file clean, accurate and well-written copy that requires little editing
- Break news
- Consistently meet deadlines and high productivity goals
- Contribute to Inc.’s culture by upholding our ethical standards, collaborating with editors, and especially offering guidance to early-career staff journalists
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional writing skills
- Outstanding news judgment
- Passion for the web
- A demonstrated writing voice and journalistic brand
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- 5-6 years’ experience in business journalism
- Track record of accuracy and ethics
- Time-management skills
- Creativity and critical thinking
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.