Director, Audience & Data Strategy
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Audience & Data Strategy you is responsible for providing vision and strategy for data initiatives across Mansueto Ventures. We are looking for a growth-minded professional to manage a team of four reports and act as the business owner for the Customer Data Platform (CDP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and Google Analytics.
The person in this role is expected to partner with the editorial, advertising sales, integrated marketing, custom content, advertising operations, consumer marketing, product, and design teams to develop and activate strategic audiences that deliver performance-based outcomes. Additionally, this role is responsible for championing MV’s 1st party data activation strategy with our advertising sales and consumer marketing teams.
This role is hybrid and will require in office presence Wednesday and Thursday. Salary range: $108,333 - $151,667 + bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage and lead a team of four audience and data professionals that will work across the organization to provide data insights to empower editorial and business decisions
- Be the strategic owner of the CDP; collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the CDP becomes a competitive advantage for every line of business
- Oversee the Customer Data Platform (CDP) including data imports, taxonomy, tagging, audience segments, consumer opt-outs and analysis
- Develop a Customer Data Platform (CDP) operational playbook for the marketing organization
- Translate business objectives into practical audiences, using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data to drive personalization and segmentation that goes deeper than standard demographics
- Be the strategic owner of the CRM: evolve the existing Consumer Marketing CRM, integrate it with other platforms and build out usage to support our editorial teams
- Translate editorial and business requirements into technical specifications, including but not limited to data collection, integrations, databases, and data warehouses
- Map and improve current data flows by working across the teams that generate data, and the teams that require data for growth
- Collaborate with all stakeholders across the organization to develop data governance, quality standards and data hygiene to improve the reliability of data
- Implement, monitor, and manage data privacy policies; work tirelessly to ensure that Mansueto Ventures complies with privacy regulations across multiple legislative regions
- Create data standards for shared OKRs; define the analytical vocabulary of the organization
- Enable data usability, availability, and efficiency to support the organization as new editorial, product and sales strategies are developed.
- Own all data vendor relationships
- Be the expert on data products, platforms, and the evolving privacy landscape
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of proven experience with data management, marketing technology platforms, product development, and/or data governance
- Extensive experience with extracting and aggregating data from legacy platforms; large data sets both structured and unstructured
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data capture, data processing, data management and hygiene
- Experience in statistics, data mining, modeling and machine learning
- Able to lead technical projects; setting milestones and actionable success metrics
- Excellent communication skills, able to lead by enthusiasm and gain support for new data-driven initiatives
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Executive Director, Digital Product Development & Strategy- TMZ
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA