Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mansueto Ventures Events Fellowship is a one-year internship designed to give recent college graduates or master’s degree recipients exposure to all aspects of event programming management—while providing important visibility into the business operations of the organization’s events and editorial department. The Events Fellow will work with event logistics team members to ensure speaker and audience expectations are met and an overall flawless event content and program is executed. The Fellow must have the ability to meet and adapt to changing talent, content and industry demands; be flexible and able to balance multiple projects and priorities
This role is hybrid and will require in office presence Wednesday and Thursday. Hourly range: $15- $20. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The curriculum will enable the fellow to interact with business leaders from both Inc. and Fast Company throughout the year, providing valuable insights into how to plan and program an event from beginning to end which includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with the recruitment and management of talent for national and custom events as well as experiential activations and programs
- Assist with drafting and editing content and event language for events
- Research and create talent recommendation lists; manage a changing portfolio of talent/prospects; keep contact information up to date
- Prepare and distribute internal and external communication documents for talent; assist internal teams with prep call process (Editorial, Video, etc.)
- Coordinate with social media and DTC teams to have talent create promotional content around events
- Assists with special in-person and virtual events, including (but not limited to) client/talent dinners, receptions, and virtual social gatherings
- Manage the collection of talent assets including headshots, bio and session descriptions as well as full contact information and presentation materials
- Provide DTC and other stakeholders talent assets and programming updates for publishing and posting on marketing and related websites/platforms
- Process talent invoices and expenses with the events department; assist with managing and reconciling talent budgets
- Provide support across event management tasks where needed, including registration, RSVP updates, preparing materials and onsite staffing
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 months of events coordinator/intern experience
- Understanding or a desire to understand the events logistics process
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple meetings at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Office and other Office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Tech savvy with experience in virtual events and document/file management
- A background and/or interest in editorial and/or PR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solution-oriented, calm and proactive in possibly stressful situations
About Mansueto Ventures
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business innovation brand, with a focus on ground-breaking progress in technology, leadership, social impact, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Public Relations Manager, F&B/Home/Design
Isetta Marketing Agency, The New Work Project, 97 N 10th St #2A, Brooklyn, NY 11249
Digital Strategist, Communications & Public Engagement
Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, CA