Senior Editor @Inc.
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. Business Media and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The senior editor publishes articles and multimedia on Inc.com that drive traffic and serve our readers, working closely with members of the editorial staff and freelance columnists. They plan and manage packages, series, and other editorial projects for all platforms, including our print magazine, and sponsored packages to meet editorial goals. They may be asked to assist with programming the homepage or managing the Columnist Desk.
This position is represented by the Fast Company and Inc. union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $82,000-$115,000 and bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Edits and mentors reporters and other editorial staff
- Coaches columnists to drive traffic and meet Inc. editorial standards
- Helps reporters develop story ideas and approves pitches
- Analyzes traffic and social data to program the Inc.com homepage
- Collaborates with social media team to promote content
- Writes must-click headlines
- Manages editorial packages
- Oversees reporters, web producers and other editorial staff
- Manages columnist relationships
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Zeal for web analytics
- Experience in data-driven decision-making
- Talent for writing web headlines
- Editing skills
- News judgment
- Intuitive grasp of what gets shared online
- Facility with visual storytelling and video
- Dedication to web journalism
- 3-4 years as a business or financial journalist
About Mansueto Ventures
Mansueto Ventures’s mission is to empower and inspire innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders through compelling journalism, diverse conversations, and creative initiatives that celebrate excellence in business.
Our company’s greatest asset is our employees. Our workplace strives for excellence, respect, integrity, inclusion, and transparency in all we do. We value feedback from all corners of the organization, and we collaborate with colleagues to craft company policies and benefits.
At Mansueto Ventures, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.