Art Assistant @Inc.
Mansueto Ventures, New York City, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an in-office full-time position for a candidate that is enthusiastic and passionate about design and ready to share that energy within a team. Under the supervision of the Creative Director and Art Director, the Art Assistant will assist the creative team in the design of print, digital and collateral layouts for our flagship content platforms, Inc.com and Inc. magazine, brand extensions, and other creative-driven tasks.
This position is represented by the Fast Company and Inc. union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $60,000 - $84,000 + bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assist with design and production of layouts
- Support creative team in developing assets, creating innovative layouts.
- Commission original artwork (including illustrations, icons, and animations) within budgets
- Work on templates and layouts
- Help the team in the task to evolve a cohesive identity for the Inc. brand
- Propose and iterate on design concepts for print and digital, as needed
- Participate in idea-generating team sessions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent listening, communicating and organizational skills
- At least two years of experience in creating layouts for design-centric, visual print and visual publications
- Comfortable within the digital space
- Understanding of complex type hierarchies and systems
- Proficient on Adobe Photoshop, XD, InDesign. Some knowledge of After Effects or other editing software would be a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A highly creative, forward-thinking, innovative mindset
- Positive, reliable, and motivated worth ethic
Mansueto Ventures requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received at least one booster shot prior to their start date.
About Mansueto Ventures
Mansueto Ventures’s mission is to empower and inspire innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders through compelling journalism, diverse conversations, and creative initiatives that celebrate excellence in business.
Our company’s greatest asset is our employees. Our workplace strives for excellence, respect, integrity, inclusion, and transparency in all we do. We value feedback from all corners of the organization, and we collaborate with colleagues to craft company policies and benefits.
At Mansueto Ventures, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
Home of the world’s best books.