Associate Art Director @FastCompany
Mansueto Ventures, New York City, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. and Fast Company
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Art Director supports the Creative Director and Art Director in executing Fast Company’s visual journalism. They work closely across all editorial teams, including line editors, to help interpret and bring stories and other Fast Company content to life in surprising and sophisticated ways.
This position is represented by the Inc. and Fast Company union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $63,000 - $88,200 and bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
- Design departments and features for the magazine
- Pitch and art direct illustration from concept to final product
- Create design assets for branding of events, podcasts, and other brand extensions
- Create style guides to ensure consistency across platforms
- Support photo team in art direction for photography
- Color correction for assigned imagery
- Design graphics for online, video, and social media
- File invoices for illustrators
- Provide advice and guidance to early-career art department team members and interns
- Help set and drive culture for Fast Company’s editorial operations, making sure they align with Mansueto Ventures’ values.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 3–5 years’ + experience in design, preferably for an editorial outlet
- Proficiency with current design software tools
- Strong relationships with illustrators
- A creative vision with an understanding of editorial and business objectives
- Strong communications, presentation, and collaboration skills
Mansueto Ventures requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received at least one booster shot prior to their start date.
About Mansueto Ventures
Mansueto Ventures’s mission is to empower and inspire innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders through compelling journalism, diverse conversations, and creative initiatives that celebrate excellence in business.
Our company’s greatest asset is our employees. Our workplace strives for excellence, respect, integrity, inclusion, and transparency in all we do. We value feedback from all corners of the organization, and we collaborate with colleagues to craft company policies and benefits.
At Mansueto Ventures, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.