Executive Editor, Digital @Inc.
Mansueto Ventures, New York, NY USA
Mansueto Ventures, publisher of Inc. Business Media and Fast Company
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Inc. Business Media is looking for a digital executive editor that will help the editor-in-chief in setting the tone, vision, and ambition of their journalism. The executive editor is responsible for directing Inc.’s digital journalism; directing a team of staff journalists and contributors to produce daily coverage; assign and edit online features and translate recognition programs to their online platforms. The executive editor is a conduit to the product, design, engineering, and digital ad sales teams, helping build roadmaps and communicate digital strategy and initiatives across the organization.
Salary range: $155,000 - $222,000 + bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborate with editor-in-chief to set the overall vision for Inc.com
- Make critical decisions on the management of Inc.com in alignment with Inc.’s mission, with an eye toward elevating Inc.’s journalism, and expanding the site’s audience engagement and size.
- Think smartly about Inc.’s entire digital footprint and develop strategies for translating Inc.’s journalism to other, complimentary digital platforms including social media and other underleveraged utilities.
- Assign the writing and editing of stories for the site with headlines that are compelling, brand-appropriate and SEO-friendly.
- Become an expert on Inc.’s migration to a new navigation structure and content-management system and be able to troubleshoot and elevate issues as they arise.
- Analyze traffic data and use it to improve audience engagement, with more appropriate coverage, headlines, story placement.
- Communicate effectively with cross-departmental teams, including consumer marketing, client services, events and video and podcasting.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop digital-only or digital-first editorial programs for sponsorship.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure high-quality experiences for Inc.com audiences.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of newsroom leadership experience with focus on digital journalism
- 5-7 years of management experience directing a team of media professionals
- A passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed
- Industry-leading insights on product
- Relationships across the digital landscape
- An understanding of best practices for video presentation on-site and elsewhere
- Ability to craft syndication partnerships
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Flexibility in changing tasks and responding to evolving priorities
About Mansueto Ventures
Mansueto Ventures’s mission is to empower and inspire innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders through compelling journalism, diverse conversations, and creative initiatives that celebrate excellence in business.
Our company’s greatest asset is our employees. Our workplace strives for excellence, respect, integrity, inclusion, and transparency in all we do. We value feedback from all corners of the organization, and we collaborate with colleagues to craft company policies and benefits.
At Mansueto Ventures, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. We are committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to learn more about Mansueto Ventures? Visit Mansueto Ventures's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States