Creative Content Manager
MCR Hotels, New York, NY USA
BRINGING BEST-IN-CLASS EXPERTISE TO EVERYTHING WE DO
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
MCR is seeking a Creative Content Manager/Strategist for our creative department based in NYC. Join a team who oversees branding, marketing, websites, promotions, public relations, activations, events and interior design for MCR corporate and our independent hotels.
Our portfolio includes the TWA Hotel at New York City’s JFK Airport, The High Line Hotel in Manhattan, the Killington Mountain Lodge in Vermont, the Inn of Naples in Florida, the Royalton New York, The Chambers Hotel in Minneapolis and Ink 48 Hotel in New York.
As the Creative Content Manager/Strategist, you will work collaboratively with graphic designer colleagues to support three to four hotels. In this role, you will serve as the primary liaison between the hotels’ operations teams and the creative department. The position focuses entirely on organic content — paid marketing is not part of the role — and reports to MCR’s Vice President, Creative. Candidates must have a fondness for puns, a clever writing style, an enthusiastic personality and a bottomless well of ideas.
The role is based in MCR’s One World Trade Center office with work on property as needed. Infrequent out of state travel may be required.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Conceiving, writing and overseeing email marketing for three to four hotels; managing a content calendar
- Writing content for the hotels’ websites, building pages and ensuring their accuracy each day
- Writing social media posts, managing a social media calendar and publishing posts
- Writing press releases for hotels and coordinating distribution with PR agencies
- Preparing sales and marketing materials, including fact sheets, decks and presentations, in partnership with art colleagues
- Conceiving activations and events, sourcing materials and collaborating with creative team to execute
- Updating hotel collateral, including restaurant and bar menus, in real time
- Writing content for the hotels’ booking engine and online travel agency listings
- Conceiving, writing and publishing room booking packages
- Overseeing transactional emails and updating content
- Participating in the rebranding process for new and existing hotels; writing branding proposals
- Collaborating with hotel partners on content for emails, websites and other promotional opportunities
- Helping to create and update hotel brand style guides
- Assisting the hotel operations team with collateral needs, forms and procedures
- Completing and submitting awards applications
- Preparing content for hotel apps and other software platforms
- Degree in communication, journalism or marketing preferred
- 5-7 years work experience, primarily in a writing-focused role (hotel experience not required)
- A snappy, concise, and fun writing and editing style, with the ability to tailor the writing voice to individual brands
- Ability to think creatively and deliver well-packaged, outside the box content
- Understanding of what makes a good headline — and the ability to generate smart ones
- Ability to juggle a variety of projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Drive
- Experience with website content management systems, including WordPress and Drupal
- Experience working with CRM and email systems
- Knowledge of HTML; other computer languages a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate with other disciplines to deliver results
- Ability to manage relationships with key partners across hotels, vendors and internally
- Track record of organizing and executing complex projects that touch multiple teams and have multiple stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail
About MCR Hotels
MCR is a premier hotel management company and the 4th largest hotel owner-operator in the United States. Our firm, which has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia, has invested in and developed 141 hotel properties operated under 21 brands. Today, we offer more than 15,000 guestrooms in 110 hotels in 33 states and 80 cities.
MCR’s hotels are frequently featured in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Hotels and the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. Consistently recognized for excellence in service and operations, we are the proud recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer. MCR’s Chairman and CEO Tyler Morse was named honorable mention as Commercial Property Executive’s Hotel/Hospitality Executive of the Year.
For the TWA Hotel, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA. MCR was also named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
Want to learn more about MCR Hotels? Visit MCR Hotels's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands