Meredith, Stamford, CT
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
The Finance Manager will work closely with MNI Management and Corporate Finance to manage the monthly closing process, create and support annual budgets, reforecasts and reconciliations. This position will be the lead finance support for stakeholders for product, advertising and revenue related analyses. Including expense processing and tracking, monthly sales commissions, financial modeling, T&E, ad hoc analysis, etc.
Key Assignments and deliverables:
- Maintain P&L & Balance Sheet
- Financial Modeling
- Revenue and expense analysis
- Liaison with corporate finance for Credit & Collections, billing, etc.
- Prepare reports for Strategic Plans, providing necessary analyses.
- Provide analytics to management
- Manage spreadsheets for quarterly reporting by fiscal and calendar
- Provide sales revenue reporting and prepare accurate sales incentive plan calculations and payments.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Manage & execute monthly, quarterly & year-end general ledger closes. Prepare/submit journal entries including:
- Monthly revenue recognition, billings/AR, deferrals, COGS, reclasses, accruals & eliminations
- Calculate & submit sales rep commissions on a monthly basis (two divisions)
- Approve, process and code all vendor invoices; resolve issues/discrepancies
- Track Digital margin & serving fee overages
- Approve employee T&E reports in Concur across the division
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations; prepare and submit appropriate backup; clear reconciling balances as needed
- Work closely with intercompany team to create and track monthly intercompany entries/allocations
- Manage divisional corporate credit cards
- Support budget inputs & reforecasts throughout the year; manage & explain variances to actuals
- Analyze divisional P&L, profitability & margins across all product offerings
- Support Corporate with monthly billings & collection efforts
- Support & guide departments regarding financial decisions, spending, & budgets
- Support any ad hoc requests and financial modeling
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls; lead internal and external audit requests
- Work closely with IT team to assure financial reporting accuracy;
- Support tracking of capital plans/expenditures
- Sales analysis and reporting
- Create & maintain product pricing models
- Liaison to sales managers
- Support corporate on initiatives & inquiries
- Work closely with Corporate on internal sales initiatives and tracking
- Continuous improvement on compliance and efficiencies.
- Consults on alternative courses of action that reduce costs or increase revenues.
- Margin and vendor analysis
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 5 years Financial experience preferably at a digital media company or agency.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills with the capability to organize and analyze large sets of data
- Strong familiarity with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working with Salesforce.com and Oracle preferred
- Experience with managing general ledger closes and balance sheet reconcillitions
- Ability to work independently; strong communication skills; detail oriented and organized; team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with key constituents
- Ability to think independently, and to question people and processes.
- Proactive thinker with the ability to spot opportunities for improvement and implement strategies to address
- Must be highly collaborative with the ability to interact effectively with team members towards common values, goals, and objectives
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and the flexibility to changing needs of the business
- Must be highly organized with a proven process for staying on-top of deliverables
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
% Travel Required (Approximate): > 5%
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. Through our national and local media groups, we are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of national and local advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
Want to learn more about Meredith? Visit Meredith's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.