Associate Account Executive (Dallas)
Meredith, Dallas, TX
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local/ regional businesses to learn about their marketing needs. The Associate Account Executive (AAE) will work with the Account Executive to identify and grow a territory of clients through face to face meetings, prospecting, events, branding, presentations and penetrating organizations on the highest level. Associate Account Executives are required to work with clients/advertising agencies and our internal team to develop integrated advertising and marketing programs to home in on the client's needs and objectives by hitting their KPI goals.
- Develop and maintain your sales territory by building brand equity, business development and advertising sales throughout the assigned territory.
- Generate a strong understanding of MNI's products and media solutions
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships on the client and agency sides and leverage a strong consultative approach for selling targeted marketing solutions.
- Identify revenue opportunities with existing clients/advertising agencies to grow existing relationships.
- Provide ongoing client management to partners including regular reviews of marketing plans performance, educational events and client entertainment.
- Provide regular updates to management on pipeline of business, percent to goal, territory updates and opportunities along with region challenges.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Achieve revenue goals set by the company for existing and developmental accounts. Sells advertising/digital and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Assesses the advertising revenue potential of assigned accounts. Conveys advertiser's marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the company can fulfill those needs with our targeted marketing advisement's.
Prospect new business opportunities in your territory, both B2C and B2B, through regular outreach to new clients and advertising agencies with face to face meetings, presentations, events, entertainment and other related efforts. Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentation to advertiser's key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Provides excellent customer service to clients.
Develop integrated media plans and support materials working collaboratively with internal MNI team including; planning, marketing, research, account management and ad-ops teams.
Provides support to the sales team (all account executives for your district). Including customer correspondence, working on RFPs, gathering pertinent data as requested by the account executive staff. Help the sellers prepare for sales calls, run advertiser history reports from our internal system, utilize sales-based software for prospecting reports, create online traffic deliverability reports for all accounts two times per month, complete competitive spending reports.
Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and reports.Generates any additional reports as required including all ad seller/customer client databases and account lists.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
College degree preferred, (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience).
3+ years' experience minimum
Digital sales experience a plus
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate business development specialist working to develop and grow a client base and agency relationships. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals and over achievement.
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions; adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
- Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce; knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore and Scarborough a plus.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
- Valid US driver's license is required.
Position Location: Dallas, TX
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. Through our national and local media groups, we are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of national and local advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
Want to learn more about Meredith? Visit Meredith's website.
Home of the world’s best books.