Manager, Finance - Digital
Meredith, New York, NY USA
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Manager, Finance within Meredith’s digital organization will work closely with the Finance Department (Senior Manager/Dept. Head, Associate Managers, Analysts, and India-based support team), and with Digital Sales Management (EVP, Regional Leads, Pod Leads, and Digital Sellers), on advertising-revenue-related analyses for the Digital Group. They will collaborate with the Digital Sales Team in the following areas:
- Manage advertiser, revenue, and sales rep assignment information, ensuring accuracy
- Become an in-house resource for Salesforce data and usage, working with sales departments to maximize their ability to independently enter information into the system, ensuring accurate forecasts
- Acting as the liaison between Corporate Pricing/Analysis and Digital Pricing in order to maintain clear dialogue on corporate account rates, incentives, and rebates
- Participate in negotiations for agency holding companies to incentivize spend across Meredith portfolio and media
- Updating and maintaining the overall rate card for Meredith Digital as well as individual rate cards for top-tier accounts
- Aid sales management in preparation for corporate presentations and review meetings, based on specific issues/goals, and in the preparation of reports for ongoing meetings with Senior Management
- Implement the Sales Incentive Plan process, as it applies to the Digital Sales team and Digital Sales Management
- Provide sales revenue reporting and prepare accurate sales incentive plan calculations and quarterly payments
- Ensure the sales departments follow all corporate procedures
- Work with Ad Ops and Rev Ops and other corporate departments, ensuring information is represented consistently relating to advertising revenue
- Ad-hoc reporting
Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Ad Pricing: This position will be responsible for establishing pricing procedures and guidelines that will increase pricing throughout and accuracy, while reducing turnaround time, and with better guarantees of achieving profitability
Quarterly Sales Review Reporting: Assist Sales Mgmt./Dept. Head with the creation of the Quarterly Sales Review presentation including category and issue analyses.
Advertising Revenue Forecasting: Assist Sales Mgmt. in forecasting advertising revenue on a regular basis. Use current systems to establish common procedures and standards to improve accuracy of revenue forecasts
Sales Incentive Plans: Establish account quotas and goals for sales representatives; reconcile account changes at given deadline; in cooperation with Sales Mgmt. establish special incentive plan payouts; make sure to adhere to current Meredith policies including all strategic and incentive payouts.
Other: Ad Hoc analysis on category, business and issue performance; Actual versus Budget and Prior Year analysis; liaise with Financial Business Managers in Des Moines on matters pertaining to past, current, and future advertising revenue analyses, pipelines, budgeting, and forecasting
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 2-3 years Revenue-related Planning and Analysis experience, preferably at a digital media company or agency.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills with the capability to organize and analyze large sets of data
- Strong familiarity with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint including the ability to develop compelling presentations for senior leadership review
- Must have experience working with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Operative is highly preferred
Effective verbal and written skills
- Proactive thinker with the ability to spot opportunities for improvement and implement strategies to address
- Must be highly collaborative with the ability to interact effectively with team members towards common values, goals, and objectives
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities and the flexibility to changing needs of the business
- Highly organized with a proven process for staying on-top of deliverables
- Must have past, successful experience directing, coaching, developing and engaging one or more employees
- Must exemplify Meredith’s core values
% Travel Required (Approximate): less than 20%
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. Through our national and local media groups, we are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of national and local advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
Want to learn more about Meredith? Visit Meredith's website.
Create the extraordinary.