DreamWorks TV - Supervising Producer
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
DreamWorks Animation Television has exciting new opportunities for a Supervising Producer to join its in-house team in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the CG animation pipeline and are experienced in drawing storyboards.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer, Line Producer and Art Director to discuss creative ambitions and producibility for each episode
- During early production, work with the Executive Producer and the studio leadership to develop the approach to directing the series
- Manage animatics at all stages of the episode including animatic pitches, revisions, and locks
- Oversee revisions and provide notes on an ongoing basis to ensure the style and vision for the show is maintained
- Participate in all storyboard handouts with the episodic directors by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the storyboard team while maintaining producibility
- Participate in storyboard reviews and provide clear notes for revisions
- Evaluate the continuity and quality of all storyboards and punch up the storyboards and/or animatics as needed
- Review animatics with Animatic Editors to direct pacing
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Participate in the talent acquisition process with the Line Producer to review portfolios and tests, interview candidates, and provide detailed feedback
- Work with the Executive Producer to select voice talent and attend record sessions as needed
- In partnership with the Executive Producer, review animation from partner studios and provide notes and feedback on re-takes as needed
- Attend handout sessions for SFX and Music and review the submissions and attend mixes as needed
- When required, prepare for and present to studio leadership
- Mentor and support the storyboard team and cultivate positive team morale
● Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
● Working knowledge of tools and software such as Cintiq, Photoshop, Flix, Toonboom, Storyboard Pro, or other applicable storyboarding software
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment
● Experience leading and fostering a team
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.dreamworks.com/careers to be considered
● Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
● At least 3 years experience as an Episodic Director working in television animation
● At least 5 years of experience as a Storyboard Artist working in television animation
● Prior storyboard directing experience
● Prior CG series experience
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.