The Corporate Decision Science organization at NBCUniversal drives advanced analytics by building and integrating pragmatic data science principles and products throughout the Company with focus on enabling a data-enhanced decision support and building advanced data products to inform strategy and key business decisions.
The Data Engineer will be directly responsible for developing efficient data ingestion processes and automated management; develop and operationalize of machine learning models; and building robust data platforms to enable scaling of our products.
- Process structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and reporting, empowering state-of-the-art analytics and machine learning environments for business analysts, data scientists and engineers
- Operationalize data science models and products in a cluster-computing environment working closely with data scientists to understand requirements and develop appropriate feature engineering to deliver high performing models
- Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery
- Provide clear data engineering technical leadership, mentoring, and best practices for data management and quality within and across teams
- Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects, including managing vendors, partners and contractors as needed
- Work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Partner with various NBCU Technology teams in the design and execution of an overall Corporate Data Syndication Strategy for Nielsen and Alternative Measurement Data
- Evangelize a very high standard of quality, reliability and performance for data models and algorithms that can be streamlined into the engineering and sciences workflow
- Grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Improve automation of various processes in a distributed computing environment, recommend schema improvements, and help adjust queries and jobs orchestration
Minimal Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred
4+ years’ experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data in a cluster-computing environment or similar experience in academia
Experience with a programming language such as Python, and the experience writing reusable and efficient code to automate analyses and data processes
Knowledge of principles of systems at scale leveraging big data technologies like Spark, and Databricks, Airflow, Docker, and demonstrated ability to develop recommendations to architect efficient data processing systems
Demonstrated ability to access, maintain and support application deployed in a Unix environment as well as data warehouse environments
Hands-on knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (AWS) is desired in at least 3 of the following AWS services: Athena, Glue, S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS Fargate, EMR
An excellent understanding of computer programming, database schema design, and engineering best practices (Dev, UAT, Prod Environment; GitHub integration etc.)
Ability to quickly establish solutions and take advantage of ML/AI technologies
Experience building and maintaining production-grade data pipelines
Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
Familiarity with relational databases and SQL and API implementations a plus
Ability to communicate insights and findings through data visualization tools such as Tableau
Ability to provide clear data engineering technical leadership, mentoring, and best practices for data management and quality within and across teams
Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, comScore, Omniture, etc.)
Experience and passion for the Media and Entertainment industry a plus
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.