Segment Producer, News Now
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Produce live segments for live show, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
- Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
- Quality check all video content
- Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable mews for 5+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• You are willing to work in New York, New York when the pandemic is over.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events
• Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
• You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and
research skills to bring them to life
• You’re familiar with iNEWS, can search and edit footage
and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on
weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and
time to air is short
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.