Vice President, Advertising Strategy
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Business Operations & Strategy is responsible for charting a holistic multi-platform advertising strategy supported by strong operational, research and insights, and marketplace strategy capabilities. The group works hand-in-hand with sales leaders, content leaders, digital leaders, and respective teams across the NBCUniversal portfolio to drive profitable revenue growth across all screens. The group oversees advertising strategy & business development, advertising operations, analytics, insights & research, new platform and ad product development and manages all internal and 3rd party sales channel relationships and advertising technology partnerships.
Sales Strategy & Operations Department Overview:
The Sales Strategy & Operations team is responsible for developing a holistic ad sales strategy for the NBCUniversal portfolio of assets, both linear and digital. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, capabilities, go-to-market strategies and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities. We partner closely with the sales teams, the content teams, and various internal functions (Finance, Research, HR, etc.) to manage the ad sales business across all screens (linear and digital). Additionally, this is the team that executes on our digital promises to our clients. This group charts the specific sales strategies for the teams, and then ensures NBCU can deliver on those promises for our clients.
The Vice President, Advertising Strategy, will lead the cross-functional effort in setting the strategy to drive advertising sales growth for NBCUniversal and our advertising partners. This includes understanding the media & advertising competitive landscape, identifying gaps and opportunities in our products & capabilities, building business plans and commercialization efforts to drive monetization, partnering with Product/Tech on developing product roadmaps, and ultimately executing on greenlit strategies. A true portfolio-wide, cross-platform role that partners with all functions within Ad Sales (and often with content/products/BD teams) to drive revenue growth.
The core responsibilities include the following:
- Partnering with Ad Sales Management on setting the macro-strategy for long-term growth (e.g. “Future of Advertising”)
- Understanding the media & advertising landscape, the competitive set, and requirements for growth
- Building business cases for new product/capabilities development
- Driving monetization growth via setting of selling strategy and operationalizing wing-to-wing processes for new products (commercialization efforts)
- Partnering with Sales Leadership on revenue pacing, mobilizing priorities, and highlighting key areas for growth
- Cross-functional lead on broader Sales efforts to drive growth (new initiatives)
- Partnering across teams to drive revenue growth in areas including Peacock/Streaming, Global, Local, Data, Agency Strategy, Digital & Cross-Platform Video
• Minimum 12 years of experience in a sales strategy leadership role at a media company, agency, sales organization or in consulting, banking
• Minimum 6 years of experience developing multiplatform (digital, linear, etc.) sales strategies
• Passion for media and a strong intellectual curiosity
• Strong capacity for working across functions, defining goals, and driving action and execution on goals
• Strong ability to lead direct and indirect teams
• Advanced quantitative and analytical skills, including strong knowledge of Excel
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly
• Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
• Strong ability to create new business plans, and launch new businesses (ability to work in the gray)
• Excellent knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem; digital & advanced advertising experience preferred
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent ability to drive change
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.