NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Candidate must have 5+ years of system maintenance
experience with proven experience in media systems.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, New York and/or
remotely connected from home.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
System Integration, or relevant technical disciplines and
certifications from an accredited technical training
institution. Proven experience may be substituted.
- Expert knowledge of Window Server/Client OS.
- Experience with modern television production methods
- Working knowledge of HD video and audio signal
manipulation and signal routing, as well as transcoding
systems design, configuration and management.
- Must have system level trouble shooting knowledge of
the following hardware & software or equivalent:
o Windows/MAC/Linux OS.
o EVS (XT3, XTAccess, IPDirector, IPEdit, Xstore,
o Avid (Interplay Production/Archive and MAM,
Network Storage-ISIS/Nexis, Ingest-Multi-
stream/Airspeed5500, Editing-Media Composer,
o File Ingest with Glookast, Telestream Vantage,
Root6, Aspera, Adobe (Prelude, Media Encoder,
Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and
o Archive solutions for SGL, Ecodigital (Front Porch
Digital), BlackPearl and LTO Libraries
o Traditional Broadcast equipment such as, Tape
Machines, A/V Monitoring, Signal Flow (DA’s,
MUX/DEMUX, Conversion, Jack Fields, QC
Stations), KVM, Tuners, and other
computer/server systems associated with news
o Anti-Virus, Networking, and Firewalls.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or extended shifts, on
weekdays or weekends with short notice.
- Able to travel occasionally for offsite upgrades, training
and professional development opportunities.
- Must be able to lift equipment packages weighing up to
*This is a NABET position. Candidate must be willing to join NABET if not already a member.
- Strong Operational familiarity with broadcast production,
workflows, or video productions systems, including
knowledge of non-liner editing tools (particularly Avid
Media Composer and EVS).
- Experience with server/client Virtualization protocols.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and automated
software deployment such as SCCM.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new
technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge
of relevant technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
simultaneously, working independently and as part of a
team in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis,
organization and escalation.
- Excellent communication skills, with a cool levelheaded
- Able to clearly & succinctly communicate actions and/or
- Highly customer focused and very responsive (listens,
understands and acts).
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.