Sports Editor, Producer
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are looking for a candidate with a vast knowledge of and passion for all major sports and a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a mobile/social audience. Our ideal candidate is someone who is full of ideas and can take a project from pitch to publication or take someone else’s idea and produce it as if the idea was her/his own. The ideal candidate also knows how to shoot video and have some ability to create motion graphics. He/She will be working on multiple pieces of content simultaneously, from quick-turn daily edits, to something that may take a week or more. The producer/editor will be part of a digital video innovation team working with NBC’s 12 owned stations, NBC Regional Sports Networks and NBCLX.
The editor/producer will assist regional sports networks with daily/nightly coverage, posting highlights, interviews and analysis to social, websites and apps. The editor/producer should know sports and understand the types of things that happen in a game/post-game that will resonate with a digital audience. The editor/producer will also pitch produce and edit digital-first concepts, re-imagine stories broadcast on linear platforms for digital, edit explainers, lifestyle pieces, create listicles, text on screen videos, edit podcasts and work with local teams on projects from a story’s inception to its conclusion.
The right candidate should love sports (especially local), love editing, pitching concepts, enjoy finding innovative ways to tell stories, be a digital video consumer, have excellent people skills and team orientation, be willing to try new things and be comfortable working on everything from a highlight clip to a podcast. We are looking for a self-starter who always wants to create video. Our ideal candidate can pitch a concept, produce, edit and deliver it and be passionate about every step of the way.
- Shoot, write, pitch, produce and edit original videos for digital platforms
- Understand the local sports landscape, identify important and buzzy stories
- Knowledgeable about MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and major College Sports
- Leverage resources available from our stations or other sources to research, pitch, write and edit video segments designed for mobile/social platforms, optimizing versions of the story for specific platforms.
- Gather, sort and find stories in data and present data visually in videos
- Be able to digest lots of information and present it in a simple video
- Develop, Write and Produce digital specific series/franchises
- Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
- Assist local sports networks with video concepts for their local audiences
- Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement.
- Work closely with national sports editorial team and local editorial teams to plan, execute video content
· Must have a bachelor's degree
· At least 2 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
· Knowledgeable about MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and major College Sports
· Experience editing videos on tight deadlines
· Experience editing in Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and Photoshop
· Experience using Adobe Essential Graphics and MOGRT templates
· Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
· Ability to shoot with DSLR and use lightning, audio equipment a plus
· Familiarity with social media platforms
· Deep knowledge of current events
· Outstanding communication skills
· Experience with a complex CMS a plus
· Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
· Must be willing to work all shifts as required by sports, news and events (including nights and weekends).
· Must be 18 years or older
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.