Sr. Director, Global Strategy & Monetization
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Business Operations & Strategy group is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Senior Director, Global Advertising Product Strategy & Monetization. This role will be focused on the development and management of product strategies that leverage the value of NBCU+Sky’s content and scale to drive revenue growth and optimal utilization of International inventory. This role will also be responsible for partnering with the Platforms, Operations and Technology teams to develop our Global Product Roadmaps and ensure the optimal infrastructure is in place to scale our Global business. This role requires strong collaboration with a myriad of cross-functional groups including sales, operations, research, technology and other stakeholder groups across both NBCU and Sky to drive the business case(s), monetization strategy and market management process of the Global ad product portfolio. A passionate, well-organized and highly-effective individual is sought to join our newest effort.
You will be joining a blue chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights. The Senior Director, Global Advertising Product Strategy & Monetization will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales as well as across our NBCU and Sky businesses. This individual must exhibit a passion for advertising and have a solid understanding of the advertising ecosystem and marketplace across the globe. We are seeking a multi-dimensional thinker who can balance the strategic, analytical and operational aspects of the role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to NBCU and Sky’s integration efforts across Ad Sales:
- Owning the holistic Global product portfolio – managing existing products and developing new ones across key growth areas like digital video, programmatic and measurement.
- Partnering with Global Digital Leadership and Planning teams to develop product packaging strategies
- Partnering with the Ad Products and Operations team to provide strategic oversight to and co-driving all road-mapping exercises undertaken to support Global
- Act as point person for Sky and NBCU International entities into Ad Sales product discussions
- Lead Global product commercialization process (e.g., GTM, pricing, positioning, packaging, setting sales goals, etc.) in collaboration with Global growth strategy team and product managers
- Develop Business Intelligence requirements and determine appropriate product portfolio KPIs
- Lead ad product market management efforts (e.g., meeting sales goals, sunsetting process, client feedback, etc.)
- Lead Global marketplace / competitive insights to ensure team is kept abreast of marketplace trends across product ecosystem (digital, linear, etc.)
- Partner with other product leads across the company and Sky to ensure consistency of strategy and alignment from macro level
- Provide updates to Ad Sales leadership and Corporate stakeholders on core cross-functional workstreams, risks and opportunities
- Develop executive level presentations and summarize complex ideas into actionable solutions
• Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
• 10+ years previous relevant work experience or media experience at a large network/publisher/agency
• A strategic, analytical, and operational-minded thinker with a strong grasp of the rapidly changing media landscape
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• BA/BS required (MBA preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Previous experience in advertising sales or at a media company a plus; Global media experience desired
• Ideal candidate is a proactive individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Ability to lead through influence building consensus amongst diverse groups, and a talent for prioritizing quickly in ambiguity
• Ability to initiate and lead projects to completion with minimal guidance collaborating with a highly matrixed organization
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.