Manager, Advertising & Program Standards
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, NY
Create the extraordinary.
NBCUniversal seeks to add a highly motivated individual to our Advertising and Program Standards department. As an Advertising and Program Standards Manager, you will work to ensure that advertisements and programs comply with internal and external standards, laws, and regulations while being cognizant of public policy and community acceptability considerations. You will be highly professional with a thoughtful, proactive nature, strong people skills, and the ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively. As a Manager, you will be expected to spot issues, think quickly, and make accurate decisions to maintain the integrity of the Network. You will also be expected to take the lead on projects that improve the way the department functions. This position is based in either New York, New York, or Los Angeles, California, and reports to the Director, Advertising and Program Standards in New York. As we are a bicoastal department, you will be expected to partner effectively with colleagues across the country.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review advertisements for NBC’s linear and digital (including streaming) properties, from concept to final edit to ensure they meet internal brand standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and evaluate a wide range of marketing, scientific, and other data submitted in support of advertising claim substantiation.
- Review scripted and unscripted programs at all stages of production to ensure compliance with broadcast requirements, identify standards issues and corporate concerns, make sensitive contextual judgments, and assign Television Parental Guideline Ratings.
- Provide clearly articulated verbal and written notes and constructive, practical guidance consistent with NBCUniversal’s standards, and FTC, FDA, CARU, and FCC rules and regulations.
- Negotiate and collaborate with internal and external parties, including ad sales, programming executives, writers, producers, creative agencies, advertising agencies, and legal counsel.
- Operate delay mechanism for live programming, including after regular working hours, during holidays, and on weekends.
- Provide guidance in an advisory capacity to business affairs, legal, and marketing, as needed.
- Proactively monitor and analyze department systems and processes and develop and implement innovative ideas that improve the way we work.
- BA/BS degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in working in Standards and Practices (Program and/or Advertising), Trust and Safety, Policy, or Advertising or Production Legal for a broadcast or cable network, streaming service, digital platform or other major consumer entertainment company.
- Proven success as a project leader.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytic skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities, while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Understanding of streaming advertising platforms and content workflows.
- Prior experience with digital advertising review a strong plus.
- Experienced people manager. Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Excellent negotiation and time management skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Effective team-player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to make thoughtful, quick decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong familiarity with PIX, MediaVu, MediaQurator, Freewheel, and other content review platforms.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.