Director, Commerce Partnerships
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCU is a Media Industry leader that helps clients achieve marketing and sales goals with innovative solutions that engage targeted audiences at scale. NBCU’s Commerce Partnerships team has built an innovative platform enabling brand partners of all sizes to drive commerce through premium programming and high impact shoppable advertising. Branded in the marketplace as NBCUniversal Checkout and ShoppableTV
The Director of Commerce Partnerships is a commerce digitally native business development role responsible for the successful implementation of a site monetization & corresponding sales strategy that allows for NBCUniversal to be positioned as the commerce destination for all brands in digital and premium video. The person in this role must have deep and robust experience creating e-commerce partnerships with a strong background in e-commerce marketplaces specifically. He/ she should also have a deep knowledge of digital media, specifically in the Retail sector from SMB to Enterprise size businesses as well as Direct to Consumer. An understanding of Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships is also key. As a natural communicator, leader, and even entrepreneur, this person easily establishes positive relationships with teammates, senior-level executives and key stakeholders both internally and externally. The person in this position can quickly structure nuanced and complicated partnerships for clients that deliver maximum revenue to both NBCU and client based on established OKRs and KPIs. The Director, Commerce Partnerships will partner with the Senior Management to help execute overall commerce business strategy and the corresponding sales strategy. Reporting directly to the SVP, Direct to Scale & Commerce Partnerships.
- Implement & consistently evolve the One Platform Commerce monetization strategy to ensure it simultaneously delivers against, (and ideally exceeds), NBCUniversal long term financial objectives and retail Brand Partner needs via ShoppableTV & NBCUniversal Checkout
- In partnership with senior management, help ensure the One Platform Commerce vision evolves to optimize revenue using experience, site insights & marketplace intelligence as data points
- Work with key internal stakeholders and internal executive leadership to establish OKRs, KPIs, and the standard by which all NBCU Commerce efforts across all business pillars will be measured
- Focus on clients as partners and allies in the successful build out of commerce activations and ideate sales strategies & solutions that deliver against their KPIs
- Collaborate with cross functional teams pre & post sale to ensure all activations are executable and that they deliver as promised post sale, including but not limited to Product, Brand Strategy, Marketing, Social, Media Planning
- Understand and respect the positioning and business needs of all NBCUniversal Network partners; align solutions accordingly
- Research and analyze client business; present strategic creative solutions to negotiate and close the sale
- Develop and present status reports to executive leadership team
- Stay ahead of industry trends especially those of competitive or near competitive product offerings
• 10+ years of business development and sales experience in e-commerce and digital media or related industry mix
• Demonstrated ability to structure & implement sales monetization/optimization strategies and to negotiate complex, high-profile agreements
• Demonstrated track record of identifying and executing successful partnerships and large-scale marketing deals, particularly in the ecommerce, traditional retail, and digital media industries
• Experience managing partnerships across multiple stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to both react to current business as well as ability to anticipate future business trends
• BA/BS degree required
• MBA preferred
• Influential leadership skills; the ability to motivate direct reports, team, and decision makers
• Experience in corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
• Ability to work with legal, product, and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
• Fluent in Internet business models and web technologies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.