Senior Design Manager, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
As a Senior Design Manager on our team, you will lead and mentor a team of designers to conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually relevant, exceedingly useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- You have grown and managed teams of designers, championing their ability to deliver successful products and mentoring member’s individual growth, while fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture.
- You are a seasoned design manager with relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of UX and product design.
- You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are fully versed in consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.
- You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
- You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success—or failure.
- You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, and engage in fact-based discourse.
- You are scrappy—focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
- You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- You are fluid and adaptable—able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What you will be doing:
- Lead others. Grow talent. Provide creative direction and mentorship to designers and define patterns and practices for the team and the product.
- Oversee and participate with the design team to conceive and deliver end-to-end UX for high-value, consumer-centric digital products.
- Present creative to all audiences. Formulate and communicate ideas and plans to peers, leadership, and engineering contributors.
- Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external partners. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers to successfully deliver products to market.
● Minimum 8 years industry experience as a Designer, building and leading teams as a Design Manager
● An online portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products, and demonstrating end-to-end design methodology
● Advanced expertise with leading design tools, including the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Sketch, Figma, and other collaboration and prototyping tools
● Demonstrated expertise and experience designing for web, mobile, and other application platforms.
● Visual design expertise (or at least a very good eye)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.