Director Business Development, NBC News Group
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
What you’ll do:
- Drive fresh insights from market research, competitive trends and industry sources
- Provide leadership in developing long term strategies, business models and growth plays across the portfolio
- Build external relationships and source/screen new opportunities with content and distribution partners
- Identify, negotiate and lead transactions wing-to-wing
- Manage financial and operational models in support of organic growth and/or investments
- Create and deliver exec-level presentations that facilitate decision making
- Lead large, complex projects in cross-functional teams
What we’ll offer:
At our 30 Rock office in New York City, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
- One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there‘s never a dull moment at NBCU.
- Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
- Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
- Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
- Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.” Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in the media sector, preferably in strategy/business development, investment banking or management consulting
• Deep understanding of the competitive challenges, technology disruption and changing consumer behaviors impacting the news business, and NBCU News Group in particular
• Excellent communication / presentation skills and experience working effectively with senior leadership
• Track record of successful deal management and negotiating skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize and manage teams across multiple projects
• Passion for the news business
• MBA or equivalent experience
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.