Sr. Director, Production and Creative
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCU’s EVP, Inclusion – Talent & Content has an opening for a Senior Director reporting to the department’s VP. This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will contribute in the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio in this fast-paced, rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind to cover Film, TV¸ and Streaming. Candidate will work closely with the VP and team in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies, internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; contributing to the department’s resources and databases; and work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal.
First established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley, Global Talent Development & Inclusion (GTDI) expanded its purview in 2020 to add NBCUniversal Television & Streaming and Universal Studios Group. Building upon NBCUniversal’s commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, GTDI partners with Production and Human Resources departments across the Company’s content ecosystem to create strategies that align with its mission to cultivate, amplify, attract and retain an inclusive talent pool on-screen, behind the camera, and within the NBCUniversal’s workforce.
- Develop and lead strategies and execution of creative programs and initiatives such as, but not limited to, NBCUniversal’s writing, directing and composer initiatives
- Manage, guide and develop action plans to current program participants and alumni to build career momentum
- Content Assessment by providing diversity and inclusion (D&I) notes and guidance for live-action and animation content
- Provide talent recommendations including casting, above the line and below the line positions
- Contribute and help the team maintain databases and tracking systems for production creative talent, and mid- and year-end reporting
- Prepare and participate in presentations and panel discussions to amplify GTDI programs and initiatives
- Engage with external partners in identifying talent and resources for content
- Identify suitable content and artwork for social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Tracking NBCUniversal related media announcements relevant to diversity and inclusion
- Participate and engage in D&I and workforce initiatives
• Minimum 5 years industry experience – film, TV, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Understanding of creative production process including analysis of directing and writing for live-action and animation
• Knowledge of the film and TV studio system, NBCU’s senior leadership and key players in the industry
• Familiarity and relationships with creative and production talent, including but not limited to live-action and animation writers; directors; composers; and below-the-line crew
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships and successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels
• Ability to adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment while managing a heavy workload
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop and PDFs
• Must be available to work extended hours or travel if needed
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality and able to bring together cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes
• Highly detail-oriented paying meticulous attention to multiple details and tasks while minimizing errors
• Adept at multi-tasking, effectively prioritizing work assignments, and demonstrating a sense of urgency when needed
• Knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs as well as possess a passion for inclusion and diversity in the workplace
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort working with numerical data or performing data analysis and reporting
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and creativity to excel in a constantly evolving department
• Proactive and resourceful problem-solver with ability to work calmly under pressure
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong relationships with agent and management representation
• Keeps abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to film production as well as inclusivity
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.