Freelance - EVS Operator
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
The EVS Operator will be required to perform multiple job functions. This person will work with the production department during live shows and live/live to tape productions. This person should have the ability to perform fundamental and advanced EVS operations. This includes basic editing, building & playing back playlists often while supporting a live show. The EVS Operator should be able to work in high pressure situations sometimes with a quick or immediate turnaround. They should also be able to transfer video clips to and from Avid and Xfile. May also be asked to operate EVS XS, and assist the Digital Transfer Center when required.
- Edit and Playback highlights, sound, & packages for live/live to tape studio shows. This includes news, talk, and instructional shows.
- Ability to Record, Edit, and Playback with an 8 channel EVS XT(3)
- Editing highlights, and turnaround sound bites, using EVS Clips & Playlists
- Storage and transfer of files using EVS xfile program
- Searching and logging video clips using EVS IP director
- Perform routing with Evertz HD router
- Recording of Satellite feeds
- Responsible for the technical quality of all phases of video operation – HD and SD signal flow
- Responsible for transfers, digitizing or any other video ingest support for live shows
- Interface with engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues
- Xfile support for Golf Channels tournament shows
- Ability to travel for remote Broadcasts as required by supervisor
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance & ability to work independently
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years’ experience in live broadcast facility operations; minimum of one year EVS experience
- Understanding of television and post production workflows
- Must be Proficient in Windows, MAC, AVID, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of digital video and audio formats. (e.g., Quicktime, MPEG, AIFF, etc.)
- Understanding of content delivery platforms and how they use video. (e.g., Flash, Quicktime, DVD, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of EVS XS for live production playout
- Strong knowledge of File based workflow, XDCAM, HDCAM, DIGIBETA
- Understanding of FTP and the downloading and uploading process
- Proficient with computers and office software
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills required
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- College degree preferred
- Experience editing with AVID, Final Cut is preferred
- ScheduALL experience is preferred. Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.