Multi Media Journalist - WNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Create digital content for all platforms.
- Write scripts, lead-ins, cues and bridges as requested by supervisor or producers.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Multi-Media Journalist.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a top 50 market television stations as a general assignment reporter.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or communications.
- Must be willing to work weekends and overnight shifts.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be available to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays or whenever assigned.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work in New York City area.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
- This is a union position. Must join SAG-AFTRA if not already a member.
- Knowledge of the Tri-State area – New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
- Well-versed in a wide variety of subjects to include local, state and national affairs.
- Demonstrated skills as reporter, photographer and editor.
- Must be a team player and work effectively in a face paced environment.
- Ability to communicate on-air effectively.
- Ability to write television news copy combining the script with pictorial content.
- Ability to edit video.
- Ability to communicate with and work well with people under constant pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to make sound news judgment and decisions regarding news stories with the highest integrity and ability to verify facts and information.
- Creative & can showcase content in new & inventive ways.
- Strong sense of urgency for breaking news.
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.