Manager, Production & Creative
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCU’s EVP, Inclusion- Talent & Content has an opening for a manager reporting to two directors leading the team’s Production & Creative efforts.
This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will contribute in the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio in this fast-paced, rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind to cover Film, TV¸ and Streaming. Candidate will work closely with the directors and team in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies, internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; contributing to the department’s resources and databases; and work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal. This position will also partner with the department’s Talent Engagement & Outreach, and Marketing & Communications teams.
First established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley, GTDI expanded its purview in 2020 to add television and streaming which includes the Universal Studio Group led by Chairman Pearlena Igbokwe, as well as the Entertainment Group led by Chairmen Susan Rovner and Frances Berwick. Building upon NBCUniversal’s commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, GTDI partners with Production, Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility departments across the Company’s content ecosystem to create strategies that align with its mission to cultivate, amplify, attract and retain an inclusive talent pool on-screen, behind the camera, and within the NBCUniversal’s workforce.
- Perform day-to-day duties in the coordination and execution of NBCU’s creative programs and initiatives such as, but not limited to, NBCUniversal’s Animation Writers Program, as well as the live-action writing programs for feature, TV and streaming, and directing and composer initiatives; participating in the selection process, formatting and distribution of curriculums; mentor/advisor pairings, securing guest speakers, event logistics, and alumni relations, etc.
- Serve as a department advisor/coach to animation writers as well as other current program participants and alumni; Develop, execute and track action plans to create and build career momentum
- Provide diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) notes for animation and live-action content including but not limited to scripts, artwork, cuts, marketing material, etc.
- Maintain and contribute to databases and tracking systems for production creative talent (writers, directors, composers, and producers)
- Provide mid- and year-end stats for female and diverse above-the-line off camera talent
- Execute strategies to acclimate and encourage creative and physical production executives, film term deal producers and TV/streaming overall deal producers to utilize Array Crew below-the-line resource tool.
- Log, assess, provide and distribute coverage of incoming external talent submissions and recommendations for strategy such as scripts and cuts, etc.
- Provide talent recommendations to creative executives for NBCU production consideration (e.g. GTDI alumni talent, experienced writers and directors not on executive’s radar.)
- Research, identify and track cultural consultants for potential GTDI production recommendations.
- Participate in external and internal presentations and panels amplifying GTDI programs and initiatives
- Identify and draft suitable content and artwork for social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; oversee photo coverage at events and respond to social media inquiries as needed.
- Timely prepare and process vendor invoices, program contractor timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work/projects for reference
• 4+ years industry experience – film, TV, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Passion, knowledge and understanding of animation development and production processes for features, preschool and age 6-11 audiences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop and PDFs
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work extended hours and travel as needed
• Knowledge of DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and NBCU leadership and key players in the industry
• Relationships with animation production talent, including writers, directors, storyboard artists etc.
• Familiarity with ANIMATION AND LIVE ACTION film, TV and streaming production development and production process
• Knowledge and understanding of guild/union CBAs
• Proactive and resourceful with the ability to provide strategy recommendations, create and implement innovative ideas
• Develop, coordinate logistics and execute activities to enhance program curriculums
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, working calmly under pressure while managing a heavy workload
• Able to anticipate and quickly prioritize potential needs and problem solve in a constantly-evolving, fast-paced environment servicing multiple stakeholders and meet time-sensitive deadlines
• Highly detail-oriented and possesses strong analytical skills
• Comfortable working with numerical data or performing data analysis and reporting ensuring accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality and the ability to successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels and cultivate relationships
• Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices, concepts and programs as well as an organic passion and connection to DEI.
• Keeps abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to animation, film, television and streaming as well as DEI
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands