Product Designer, Viewing Experience, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product managers to understand goals for content discovery around the homepage, live video, playlists, search, bingeing and more
- Optimize across multiple platforms, including TV, web and mobile, leaning into the capabilities of each
- Take designs from concept to wireframe to prototype, and deliver final assets with detailed documentation for developers for multiple renderings
- Work closely with external design partners to apply and refine our existing design system
- Collaborate with data and research teams on discovery, user testing and validation
- Collaborate with remote development teams to balance feasibility and usability, and facilitate accurate implementation of designs
- Be an essential part of defining and advocating for design priorities on the roadmap for apps, mobile, web and partner platforms
- Help build a design culture at Peacock
What you have:
- Aesthetic sense: An ability to design with taste, and iterate with data
- Empathy: A drive to understand and speak for the user
- Vision: An ability to simplify complex problems
- Communication skills: An ability to build consensus but also respond to and give constructive, candid feedback
- Detail orientation: The patience and curiosity to discover and defend the right solution, and iterate rapidly
- Passion: An appreciation for design thinking/sprints and a love for creating usable, innovative products
• A strong portfolio reflecting your thoughtful, effective UX and UI decisions
• Experience with visual design, interaction design, and strategic product thinking
• 3-5 years experience in product design, preferably in consumer-facing content experiences
• BA/BFA with a design focus
• Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and Principle
• Experience with user testing and the design validation process
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, especially TV experiences, mobile and desktop
• Knowledge of additional platforms like Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung, X1, and voice-enabled devices a plus
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands