Freelance Director, WSNS-TV
NBCUniversal, LLC, Chicago, IL
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
WSNS-TV, Telemundo Chicago, is a Spanish language TV station in one of the top markets in the country. We are looking for a detail-oriented, multi-skilled, full-time Director to join our team in leading our daily newscasts.
In this role you will:
- Direct live and taped news television broadcasts utilizing the ROSS Overdrive automated production control system & Dalet Newsroom Production System for the coding and technical execution of local news and programming
- Build master rundown patterns for all broadcasts, PSA’s, Commercials, etc.
- Work in conjunction with editorial and production personnel to create and execute news casts utilizing ROSS Overdrive
- Shape overall creative appearance of the broadcast using imaginative video, audio and graphics effects
- Give direction and timing to talent and other technicians on broadcasts.
- Perform director and technical director duties when applicable
- Have the opportunity to contribute and potentially lead projects within the team to continue to make our newsroom a world class operation
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years of experience of live news television directing and/or switching in a mid to large market news station with an automated production system
- Minimum 3 years working with and knowledge of television production equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience with newsroom computer systems
- Strong technical skills and understanding of technical directing, audio mixing, robotics operation, commercial integration, live/remote segment cut -ins, breaking news cut-ins, video file playback and graphics insertion
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV
- Must be willing to work in the Chicago area
- Must be willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays, and sometimes on short notice) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a current NABET union member in good standing or will be required to join the union for the role if not currently a member
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English)
- Previous experience working with Ross Overdrive automation and Dalet newsroom software is preferred
- Associates or BA/BS degree in Telecommunications or related field
- Experience using a minimum 2 and a half m/e switcher
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Up to date on, and interested in, current news events
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to perform under pressure in breaking news and deadline driven situations
- Familiarity with DALET, Xpression graphics, Vinton robotics desirable
- Ability to think quickly, and keep pace with fast moving shows
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Entertainment Coordinator - Universal Content Productions
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California