Freelance Editor, WSNS- TV
NBCUniversal, LLC, Chicago, IL
Create the extraordinary.
Freelance Editor, WSNS- TV
- Work directly with producers/EP/ND on creative suggestions to improve presentation of production.
- Responsible for finding music for story opens and special segments.
- Edit news packages and voiceovers and or special assigned stories.
- Support overall editing needs for WSNS-TV Telemundo Chicago.
- Back-up for helping Director and TD for in-studio guest if needed.
- Independent problem solving & multi-tasking. Will be required to wear multiple hats in a small news department.
- Problem solving & troubleshooting required.
- Ability to turn around projects and content in a short time period with strict deadlines.
- Work directly with EP, Producers, ND on special programs and project needs.
- Consistently work with news teams to improve the overall presentation quality of news production.
- Strong Spanish language skills/Fluency required.
- 2+ years previous experience using Non Linear editor.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and the ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment.
- Must be a current NABET union member in good standing or will be required to join the union for the role if not currently a member
- Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); schedule changes with little to no notice; working additional hours beyond schedule as needed.
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience using Photoshop
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands