Vice President, Design
NBCUniversal, LLC, Miami, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The successful candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, inspiring leadership skills, passion for developing best-in-class work, a collaborative style and the ability to work in a fast- paced, ever-evolving industry. While independent-minded and highly self-motivated, they must play nice with others and foster a "team-first" environment.
We’re seeking a leader who can represent the brand and department across the organization, as well as the broader NBCU/Comcast portfolio. We want a brilliant and strategic creative leader, who is not afraid of being a doer, and who has the capacity to take team to the next level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Execute high-quality creative work and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, excellence, and accountability
- Provide design vision and art direction for projects based on briefs and creative direction
- Oversee development and execution of all television, print, digital and motion design marketing projects, ensuring all goals are met and creative quality meets a high standard.
- Develop and maintain a brand bible that clearly outlines standards and use cases for Telemundo across its portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of brand design elements and enforce brand consistency across all areas of the organization, external partners
- Contribute and actively participate in creative brainstorm sessions, production meetings and strategy discussions
- Develop original designs that meet clients’ strategic objectives & brand standards
- Responsible for all phases of creative work from concept through production and delivery
- Identify external partners and agencies based on scope of projects
- Be the primary voice of design inside and outside the company, sharing work, evangelizing success and articulating vision
- Be a proactive member of the creative team on a wide range of projects including and not limited to cross-platform campaigns, redesigns, branding, 3D, motion graphics
- Work with business ops team to establish processes and practices for realizing design vision
- Optimize the design organization’s effectiveness
- Assign work to appropriate team members adhering to a defined budget and schedule
- Work with IT and facilities to acquire necessary hardware and software
- Stay current with industry developments and tools
- Key art design and direction, photography direction – wardrobe, looks, etc.
- UX design and more specific on social media, interactive executions
- Show package design - Sports, Daytime, Billboards, LAMAS, etc.
- Design and art direction for series openings
- Upfront design experience – LED screens, projection mapping
- Oversight of art direction at productions and shoots, green screen, special effects experience
Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a design agency or digital content platform, with at least 5 of those years working directly within television/cable network design.
Must be fully fluent in English and have Professional Working Proficiency in Spanish.
Minimum of 7 years of experience successfully leading large creative teams.
Knowledge of all aspects of video, print and digital production and post-production a must.
Strong knowledge of typographical, print, and interactive design while also having a thorough understanding of animation techniques and motion graphics.
Experience successfully directing photographers, illustrators and collaborating with directors, copywriters and other creative partners is essential.
Proven ability to develop and execute strategy-driven design.
Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision, proven ability to motivate and inspire a team; excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to establish trust and rapport with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and partners.
Proven track record of success within a fast-paced, deadline-drive, team-oriented environment where an ability to multi-task and be highly flexible is essential.
Experience managing schedules, timelines, systems and processes to ensure objectives are met.
Proficient in ADOBE CLOUD SUITE, CINEMA 4D, MAYA 3D, AutoCAD, and MS Office, Chyron, live show technology, VR & virtual sets, Adobe suite, Chyron, Cinema 4D, Maya.
Experience in motion design, prototyping, coding, 3D production and production shoots.
Bachelor's degree desired.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Jobs You May Like
Senior Video Engineer, Video Engineering, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations