Director, Consumer Engagement, Gaming – NBC Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC Sports is seeking a Strategic marketing leader for the NBC Sports Group Fantasy and Sports Betting enterprise. The Director, Consumer Engagement, Gaming will lead the direct to consumer, brand and performance marketing team, defining, implementing and executing campaigns and strategies aimed at aimed at building and driving awareness of the NBC Sports Gaming brands, and acquiring, engaging and retaining high-value consumers through Owned Earned and Paid campaigns.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation for the overarching gaming marketing strategy across the suite of NBC Sports gaming products including free-to-play, fantasy & betting
- Responsible for developing the overarching strategy to acquire, engage and retain consumers (Predictor, EDGE, PointsBet), including cohesive integrated marketing strategy (POE: Paid, Owned, Earned) nationally, across NBCU, partners, the RSNs as well as the local NBC Owned Television Stations (OTS)
- Oversee Consumer Data/CRM activity, including working with data team(s) to build out dynamic offer testing based on behavior, leveraging CLV and other propensity models to test offers and creative, building plans to increase email database, develop engagement, upsell and retention and marketing product and development needs
- Act as lead marketing POC for PointsBet, ensuring CRM & Consumer Data deal points are fulfilled, attending twice weekly update meetings to provide marketing/wingspan updates and facilitate any other marketing/consumer related efforts collaborating with marketing across NBCU
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Media experience at a major platform preferred
- Experience leading direct to consumer, performance marketing team preferred
- Sports fan with interest in Fantasy and Sports Betting
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform marketing campaigns
- Hands-on experience developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, and campaign performance
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how it can feed into acquisition, engagement and retention marketing channels in order to identify and retain high-value customers
- Team player with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels
- Positive, outgoing and motivated
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to develop solid relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress environment
- Interest in media, understanding of sports, and a sports fan, is a plus
- Experience managing direct reports preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.