Director of Product, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Peacock is looking for a product leader to take on a hybrid product execution and roadmap strategy planning role. The ideal candidate will use customer insights, product analytics, conceptual designs, competitive and market analysis to help establish business impact, customer value and frame product choices for product, UX, technical and business teams, as well as build and manage features.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and ambitious initiative to shape the future of TV.
In this role, you will:
Be product owner for specific content discovery features across platforms, from discovery and execution to analysis and iteration
Lead analysis of market opportunities for the viewing product to guide planning and prioritization of new and existing features
Collaborate with other product managers, design, data and strategy teams to develop a holistic point of view of customers and business needs to help make product decisions
Partner with project management and technology teams to define multi-year product roadmaps and Agile priorities
Create and deliver winning executive presentations that explain product vision, features and roadmaps and manage senior stakeholder expectations
Deeply understand business considerations, competitive landscape, and best practices to drive optimal streaming TV experiences
Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
- An ability to lead and inspire alignment to a shared vision and outcome
- Strong analytical skills and a hypotheses-driven approach to problem solving
- A collaborative spirit and willingness to share product responsibilities
- Passion for creating innovative and engaging consumer products, with the persistence to iterate
- Evidence of creative strategic thinking, empathy for the user and curiosity to identify their needs
- Vision to anticipate evolving consumption trends in the entertainment, sports and news verticals
- Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Technical fluency to know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight schedules
- Enthusiasm to be positive, confident and energetic
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field
• 8+ years of experience in consumer technology, product strategy or planning, program management or product management
• Consumer-centric view with a proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis validation and user testing
• Experience with multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku, Apple) and domains (TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids)
• Fluency with project management tools such as Jira, as well as analytics software
• Ability and self-motivation to work effectively offsite and with remote, global, multi-lingual teams
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.