Anchor (Weekend) - NBC Bay Area
NBCUniversal, LLC, San Jose, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for NBC Bay Area newscasts or programs on weekends and as needed
- Research, write and report on stories for our broadcast and digital programs
- Active engagement on social media platforms is required
- Prepare and present news content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present NBC Bay Area news specials and stories based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
- Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
- Participate in station-sponsored and philanthropic events and all assigned special promotions projects
- Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed
• Minimum 3 years of experience as Anchor in top 30 market
• Minimum 5 years of experience as Reporter in top 30 market
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling and live reporting skills on both broadcast and digital
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work extended hours
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills
• Experience in a variety of Anchor/host scenarios, including studio, remotes, specials, etc.
• Experience in a variety of on-air reporting functions including anchoring, investigations, franchises, etc.
• Very strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• Experience in Bay Area market and familiarity with Bay Area audience and communities
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories
• Proficiency delivering enterprising stories
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor - Avery & TarcherPerigee
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY