Producer, Animation, CNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Work from USA , Englewood Cliffs, NJ, San Francisco, CA
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
CNBC Digital is seeking an exceptional animator to support the creation of original videos, including short-form documentaries, interviews, explainers, social media assets and fully animated shorts. This candidate will work closely with a team of producers and writers to develop and execute motion graphics and animated sequences. This individual can bring simple and complex concepts to life in a visually compelling way across a range of topics including retail, tech, finance and current events. Concepts include everything from maps and charts to more abstract concepts such as short-selling and electric vehicles.
Here are some examples of animations this producer will be expected to create:
- Apple Car: Here’s What We Know So Far
- Why Is Short Selling Legal?
- Money Is Pouring Into Carbon Capture Tech, But Challenges Remain
This role will also develop and produce original visuals for special projects and series. The ideal candidate has experience in branding and creating a cohesive look across digital, social and linear platforms.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years working as a graphic animator (experience in digital media newsroom is preferred)
- Expert-level knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and other graphic software including but not limited to Cinema 4D, Trapcode Particular, Maya, 3D Studio Max and Infusion
- Advanced knowledge of animation, graphic design, motion design, typography and illustration
- An ability to decipher and express data in meaningful and visually engaging ways for a mass audience
- An ability to ensure the look and feel of motion graphic animations are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment, while meeting tight news deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
- Experience in branding and creating style guides
- Experience in character design and animation
- An ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and weekends
- Broad knowledge of current events and business news
- Please submit links to a website and/or reel when applying
You’ll stand out if:
- You have knowledge of financial markets and terminology
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have familiarity with spreadsheets
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.