Manager, Data Visualization, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Sr. Analyst, Visual Analytics, Peacock
The Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team brings data to life with powerful visualizations and interactive reports, built to scale out to thousands of users. We combine cutting-edge visualization techniques with tools like Tableau, data storytelling and user-centric design to drive business decisions for senior leaders. The Reporting team plays a highly collaborative consultative role with both our business partners and our data engineers to ensure that our solutions will be robust, comprehensive and performant. While the team specializes in report design, there are many opportunities to learn the business and dig into the data. Come get creative with your fellow data artists!
In this role, the Sr. Analyst will share responsibilities in the development and maintenance of an optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and visual analytics by the business, as well as support ongoing operations related to the Direct-to-Consumer data ecosystem.
- Utilizes reporting tools like Tableau/Looker to design dashboards and produce reports summarizing Key Performance Indicators for executive-level reporting.
- Develops analytical frameworks and roadmaps and provide actionable recommendations for front-end reporting to various teams and departments.
- Creates scalable reporting solutions and automation procedures to support enterprise-wide distributions on big data platforms.
- Leads, mentors and trains peers in reporting and data visualization best practices to create a team of best-in-class reporting analysts.
- Presents and communicates final reports to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Supports critical business processes and offers necessary guidance.
- Keeps abreast of strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the Company and competitive landscape.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Applying design philosophies such as feedback cycles, human abilities, error types, etc. to large data set for thousands of end users.
• Understand, educate, and drive design principles such as discoverability, affordances, etc. to current data as well as the overall organization.
• Programming skills in SQL and experience in writing reusable/efficient code to automate analysis and data processes.
• Knowledge of developing data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics.
• Keep up to date on strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the company and competitive landscape.
• Understand visual analytics and dashboard design best practices.
• Bachelors’ degree with a specialization in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, other quantitative field or equivalent industry experience.
• Knowledge of reporting platforms and/or tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, DOMO etc.)
• Design tool certifications.
• Experience and/or knowledge with SQL.
• Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production.
• Experience with large-scale media companies.
• Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels.
• Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn new methods, tools, practices and skills.
• Ability to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Communications Coordinator (Temporary Position: 6-9 mo...
Westchester Jewish Community Services, White Plains, NY