Segment Producer, Deadline: White House
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Research, report and write daily segments
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer
- Be in control room during airing of live segment
- When warranted, field produce segments
- Take part in editorial planning
- Pitch story ideas
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism
required (i.e. cable or network news, website,
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.